I usually like making up my own workouts but I came across the Lee Labrada Lean Body Trainer, and maybe its because deep down I'm just that lazy, I decided to try his plan rather than make up my own workouts. It's a 12 week plan so I'll keep you updated on how it goes.
I decided to put together some of my favorite workout items that help me have a good workout.
1. Under Armour UA Tech Short Sleeve V-Neck- I found these at the outlet for $10-12 and have them in 4 colors, including 2 neon colors (woo!). They are longer than most of the women's dri-fit shirts and are so comfortable.
2. Nike Air Pegasus +30- I just got these in the mail and love them, especially the "atomic pink" color! FYI- They run about a half size small so size up. They have a lot of support in the heel and the arch. You can get these from Finish Line with a promo code for cheaper than Nike offers them.
3. Nike Dri-Fit Running Capris- I also find these at the outlet for about $30. They have different color strips on the side of the thigh, so I've got 3 different pairs. They are so lightweight and comfortable, I don't think I'll ever go back to shorts for workouts.
4. iPhone Holster- I like to keep a list of my exercises in the Notes app so I use my phone to listen to music when I workout. This clip stays in place even when I'm running like a buffoon, and allows me to remove the phone easily so I can see my workouts or change the song. Plus the arm bands annoy the shit out of me so this was kind of my only other option.
5. Tervis Water Bottle Tumbler- If you haven't heard of Tervis tumblers, go get one now! They are great for hot or cold drinks, they don't sweat, and this particular one comes with a lid. I attach my locker key to the top of this so I don't lose it at the gym. I've also dropped it multiple times and it hasn't even chipped. (Plus, they are dishwasher safe and made in the USA)
I am trying to revamp my cardio playlist because lets face it, I find running intensely boring, and I need something besides new kicks and sweet pants to keep me going. I tend to like alternative when it comes to working out so here is my current playlist, its a work in progress.
Red Hands by Walk Off the Earth
Be Your Man by Ivan & Alyosha
Rubbernecking by the Big Pink
Anything Can Happen by Ellie Goulding (random, reminds me of the New Girl.. anyone?)
Drunk in the Woods by Walk the Moon
Closer by Tegan and Sara
The John Mayne by Little Green Cars
Darling, It's Alright by Francis & the Lights (Have you seen the video for this? love his dance moves)
I Love It by Icona Pop
Sex by the 1975
Free by Graffiti6
Ho Hey by the Lumineers (Reminds me of our wedding- we played it during the cake cutting)
She Got the Honey (iTunes sesh) by Mat Kearney
Anyone have any other favorites for their workouts? Any songs that really get you moving?? Wish me luck on tonight's workout... its a leg night. Ugh!