Well, I'm on my second cup of coffee, still in my PJs, and this post is a little late so I guess that is how this Monday is going to go!
Our weekend was a busy one, but I think its always like that nowadays. I put waaaaaay too much on my to-do list and then by Monday, I've only accomplished a few things and tired myself out completely. (Or maybe it was the softball game that is making my body ache all over today... cue panic attack about getting old)
This weekend I worked on a DIY project that will be coming your way on the blog this week so stay tuned! Until then, I thought I'd share some of my favorite items we received from our wedding registry that I could not do without! If you're like me, you won't actually purchase something until you've read tons of reviews and carefully analyzed, compared, and found the best price for certain items. Maybe this will save some of ya'll the work!
1. KitchenAid 5 Quart Artisan Stand Mixer: This was a big ticket item that we honestly didn't expect anyone to purchase for us, and we ended up using gift cards for it plus our 20% off coupon at BBB. I love to bake so this has been really helpful and its even easier than I thought it would be to use and clean up afterwards. It comes in so many fun colors (we got Empire Red) and comes with four attachments, including a pouring shield, wire whip, dough hook, and a flat beater. There are a lot of other attachments but I haven't purchased any of those yet.
2. Chop and Scoop Cutting Board: I really like using this cutting board for chopping up vegetables. The handle design makes it easy to just pick them up and dump them in a strainer to clean or to put them directly into your skillet. They are also dishwasher safe so that is a plus if I'm being lazy.
3. Oxo Good Grips Angled Measuring Cups: Maybe I'm a nerd for liking these, but you can read the measurement from above and for some reason I really appreciate that. haha!
4. Calphalon Contemporary Non-Stick Cookware: I've seen mixed reviews for this cookware, but I personally I really like it and we haven't had any problems with it. It heats up quick, has lids to fit each of the pots and pans, the pieces are very sturdy, and you can actually cook with some of the pieces on the stove top and then move them into the oven. We do not put these in the dishwasher, but clean up is very easy! If you are registering for these items, make sure to register for each pot separately because it is easier on your guests. Plus, you can return them and buy the set while having some extra money left over for other items you did not receive from your registry!
5. Fiestaware Dishware: I originally wanted to get fancy china and then came to my senses... how often would we really use that? We like to host parties and I hope to have Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners someday, so I wanted something durable that could also be festive and pretty on the dinner table. Lots of people mix the colors but I wanted all "Scarlet," to go with our red theme. As an added bonus, red happens to be a perfect color for Christmas, Thanksgiving, and other holiday meals! We registered for serving plates and bowls as well as 12 four-piece plate settings. I love them so far! I do have to note though that if you cut items on them, depending on the color of your plates, you may see some very faint marks.
6. Oxo Good Grips Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Cups: These are dishwasher safe, snap on and off the ring very easily, are heavy but great quality, and have soft handles. These will last you much longer than any plastic measuring spoons and cups!
7. Oneida Flatware, Moda 65 Piece Set: This flatware set is gorgeous! They have a more contemporary design, the weight is really nice, and the pieces don't have any funky shapes like some of the flatware sets out there so they contour to your hand perfectly. They are made of 18/10 stainless steel, which is the best you can get, and are dishwasher safe. I imagine they would be great with china but are also casual enough to go with your everyday dishes.
8. Calphalon Contemporary Knives: These are another item I recommend registering for separately and then purchasing later in a set. We weren't originally planning on getting the whole set but realized we could have a couple extra new knives if we did it that way. All of the knives, except for steak knives, are labeled on the end so you can easily find them. They are a very good weight, have comfortable handles, and are very sharp. Just don't put them in the dishwasher! One of our steak knives made its way in there and the handle is now faded.
I also plan on doing a bed/bath edition of the registry favorites because there are just too many things that our amazing family and friends got for us to list here! I hope this will be helpful for those of you that may be getting married soon or even just like to cook and want some new fancy tools in the kitchen!
Does anyone else share my love for some of these items?! Any other great kitchen gadgets that I missed?