I've had three dogs since I was a kid. We thought our first dog was a boy, so while we were on vacation we asked the vet to neuter "him." Well, we ended up getting a call about that one because Highway was a girl and could not be neutered... haha! (Not sure how my parents got that one confused...)
(2) Wood floors are difficult to run on or make quick turns
(3) Sometimes you just need to smell every.blade.of.grass... so have patience
(4) Appreciate the small things
(5) A bad day can always get better, usually thanks to lots of kisses
(6) A new toy is fun, but it doesn't compare to playing with Dad's stinky socks
(7) Anytime is a good time for a nap
(8) It's perfectly acceptable to hold a bag of dog poop while carrying on long conversations with your neighbors
(9) Visiting new places is great but nothing beats cuddling on the couch at home
(10) Coming home to see the ones you love never gets old, even if you've only been gone 5 minutes
(11) If you're super cute, Dad will let you take over his pillow at night.... sometimes Mom does too
(12) You can love unconditionally and without reservation
(13) Any dog, no matter what the breed, can be a great dog
And to show you what a spoiled, goofy little pup we have....
|Left: Ruby finds any bit of shade she can during our walk. Right: Dad gives in and carries her home. haha!|
Anyone have anything to add? I'd love to hear some of the lessons you've learned from your dog, and even from cats! I like cats too but the hubs is allergic!