This weekend we made another visit to the beach with the pup and picked up some pumpkins at the lamest pumpkin patch ever, at least compared to a Northerner's standards. It was 82 degrees so the hubs and I were sweating while carrying our overpriced pumpkins back to the car. Andddd my hair got a bit out of control. Ugh! Thinking of cutting it... I'll get back to that later this week for opinions!
Fall in the South is different. I'm enjoying the weather here more than I did in Florida, but I miss the crisp air, cold nights, and breezy days I grew up with in the North. I suppose that means I'll always be a Northerner at heart... even if my body doesn't think it and I freeze my pants off when visiting family in the next few months.
Between the pumpkins and the A/C running because my husband is five hundred degrees warmer than me at all times, I'm starting to get used to this "new" fall and finding ways to make it feel more like my favorite season. Here are some of my favorites so far!
1. "Pumpkin Pie" Yankee Candle: This candle is money well spent, let me tell you. I love Yankee Candles during the fall (and winter). The whole house smells fantastic! I also like the Autumn Wreath scent for fall.
2. Essie "Carry On" Nail Color: I've been too intimidated by dark nail colors to branch off from my typical light pink or red (only during the holidays) but I'm actually really liking this color! It's got a nice burgundy, purple-ish hue and seems way more appropriate for the fall than pink!
3. West Elm Ombre Throw: I had my eye on this for a while before finally buying and adding it to my collection of like... 20 throws. I might have a problem. It's super soft and the perfect amount of warmth for chilly fall nights and times when my husband cranks up the A/C! Plus they come in a bunch of fun ombre colors.
4. Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte: I thought I'd switch it up and try the salted caramel mocha this year but I can't, I need as much PSL as I can get before they switch to the icky peppermint drinks!
5. Hunger Games "Catching Fire": The second movie comes out next month so I'm re-reading the book... so excited!
6. J. Crew Boy Shirt: I've been pretty much living in these cotton button downs (that is, when I'm not wearing my yoga pants to work... which I mentioned here) because I can just roll up the sleeves if I get warm. I'm loving the plaid flannel version at the Factory store now... might be a Thanksgiving weekend purchase!
7. J. Crew Factory Ankle Jeans: Perfect for our warmish fall weather, I love these jeans! I can throw sandals on with them and a short sleeve shirt on warm days, or throw boots and a sweater with them when it gets cooler.
I forgot to include my pearl earrings, I never go anywhere without them! What are your favorite items for fall so far? Anyone else make some fun purchases during the Columbus Day sales?!
P.S. Do you comment on posts and think I'm a total jerk for not responding? You're probably a "no-reply blogger" and its an easy fix! See these instructions from Jenni at Story of My Life. If I can't email you, I post a reply to you in the comments section! Oh and keep them coming... I love hearing from you all! XO!