This post isn't going to have many photos, but feel feel free to laugh with me and agree at the high level of dumbness. (Is that even a word?) This post also kind of reminds me of a book I saw recently called First World Problems.
Today I'm feeling good and I think I'll be productive, but it's just been one of those weeks!
1. Dinner last night: Yesterday was a cold-ish fall day and I got totally amped at the thought of having my mom's chili and homemade mashed potatoes for dinner with the hubs. So I got in the car during my lunch break and picked up all the ingredients at the grocery store. In an unusual fashion, I made everything before my husband got home so he could have dinner waiting for him and I could win the "Wife of the Year" award. Okay, maybe just wife of the day?
Well, after 6 years of dating and 6 months of wedded bliss, I forgot that my husband doesn't like chili. FAIL. On top of that, he came home with a new vacuum.
You win, husband. Now my fat ass gets to eat a gallon of chili for the next week. At least I have a new vacuum that doesn't spit the dirt back out at me to help work off some of those calories.
2. Another food failure. I dumped a whole bag of Stacy's Pita Chips on my lap. Yes, a WHOLE bag. You know when you try to catch it as it falls and you make matters worse? And yes, I ate some of them off of my lap... after dipping them in hummus. Don't judge.
3. Vitamins and my inability to swallow them. This week I'm trying to get back into a workout/healthy eating routine (we'll come back to this) so today I tried to get back into taking my multivitamins. After 15 minutes and 2 glasses of water, I threw the half-disintegrated vitamin away while gagging at the taste and texture in my mouth. I thought, someone else has to have problems swallowing these gigantic pills, right? Apparently I'm not alone... One-a-Day makes "petites" and I'm totally buying them. I also contemplated chewable Flinstones but thought I'd give the petites a try first...
4. The sewing machine that hates me. I'm trying SO hard to make some progress on our master bedroom (if you remember, I told you here how it takes me forever to make decisions). Unfortunately my mom's sewing machine is being a little bia. Note I'm blaming the machine, not the user. Cue my hissy fit. "All I want to do is make my euro shams and everything keeps working against me!"- Me, right before yelling at my husband for telling me to take a deep breath. God I love him for putting up with my craziness.
Don't worry, I'm determined to get said shams completed and share the progress with you this week! (I know you've all been waiting on pins and needles for an update...)
5. Working out begins again this week... or not. Made a whole workout sched, put it on my massive to-do list, and then found other more important things to do like watch movies, search the internet for lamps, and write more to-do lists.
So far I'm 0 and 5 here folks. Someone get me a cocktail. Oh wait... I already ate
Anyone else feeling a little defeated this week? Or just feeling intimidated by your to-do list like me?
On a good note, both the hubs and I got approval from our bosses for our one year anniversary Europe trip. Buying tickets to make it official today... OMG!