I still can't believe its already June. You know those summer picnics where you can predict what your family is going to serve because its usually one of the first things gone? For my family, this Peanut Butter Cup dessert is it.
I think by now its pretty obvious that I have a major sweet tooth. As if this Instagram photo didn't give it away... But this isn't one of those super sweet, make-your-teeth-hurt, kind of desserts. I know people who aren't crazy about peanut butter and they still love this because the flavor isn't overpowering. Especially when you top it with some chocolate and cool whip!
2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
3/4 cup melted butter
2 tsp. Granulated Sugar
2/3 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1 cup Powdered Sugar
1 (8 oz.) package of Cream Cheese, softened
1 large container of Cool Whip (set 2 cups aside for one of the layers)
1 small package of Chocolate Instant Pudding
1 small package of Vanilla Instant Pudding
2 cups Milk
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9x13 pan with some butter.
2. Mix together the graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar, and melted butter. Spread on the bottom of your pan and bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely. (I usually stick it in the fridge for a bit!)
3. While your crust is cooling, mix together the peanut butter, powdered sugar, softened cream cheese, and 2 cups of Cool Whip. I like to use my hand mixer or whisk to make it smooth. Spread this layer on the cooled crust.
4. Finally, the chocolate layer! Mix together both packages of pudding mix with the milk. Note: Do not follow the pudding recipe on the package, only use 2 cups of milk. Once the mixture is smooth, spread if over the peanut butter layer.
5. Top with the remaining Cool Whip and some shredded chocolate. (I didn't have a candy bar handy and had to shred chocolate chips... it was dangerous, I don't recommend it)
I had to mention that you do not follow the pudding directions on the box because your pudding layer with be way too watery. I did this once when I was taking it to Easter dinner with my husband's extended family (the first time I met them all). It tasted good but looked like a total disaster. #FutureWifeFail
The best part is you don't have to do any baking except for the crust, which makes this much easier to put together than cupcakes or cookies. I took it to our friend's Memorial Day party and it was the only thing gone by the time we left! Hence the reason I didn't get a picture of an individual piece!
Has anyone ever had Peanut Butter Cup Dessert before? It's super easy, I suggest adding it to your summer picnic menu because everyone will love it!