I am happy to report that we are all safe and our home did not sustain any damage during the storm, which I know makes us extremely fortunate because so many could not say the same. This is one of those rare times when we are glad we don't live by the beach! Being far away from any flood zones was one of the reasons we stayed.
Everyone in Charleston went into full panic mode Tuesday, with hour-long lines at the gas station and water already selling out five days before the storm. Schools closed Wednesday and some of our neighbors packed up and left immediately, it was sort of surreal. We're glad we stayed but you better believe we had bags packed just in case!
Here are some of the highlights from being trapped inside for 4 days with a wild toddler...
- I beat my husband in fantasy football and he now has to meal plan, grocery shop, and cook dinner this entire week. YES!! Probably the best bet I've ever won! I also made sure to note in the fine print that pizza is not an acceptable dinner 5 nights in a row.
- We've been watching the new HBO show Westworld, and I cannot decide if I'm into it or just watching because I have so many unanswered questions each episode! Anyone else watching it? I also recorded Divorce and can't wait to watch SJP in a totally different role than Carrie!
- Rowan hasn't slept on my chest in 6+ months so when he wouldn't sleep in his makeshift bedroom in our walk-in closet (no windows and close to us if the power went out) my mama heart loved it. Now, he has never been one of those kids that could sleep in bed with us (probably a good thing!) because he sleeps like a freaking ninja. I got an hour of sleep that night but it was sweet to have him cuddled up on me even if he did end up horizontal and taking up half of the bed.
- Saturday morning the weather was at its worst point and we ended up losing power, but I was so thankful I had some kids paint and little Halloween projects from the Target dollar spot to keep Rowan busy!
|Serious focus going on here.... Also I think he has the longest eyelashes I've ever seen on a kid!|
- Having to stay inside all weekend forced me to finally finish our guest bedroom and Rowan's Halloween costume! If you follow on snapchat (HomeSweetRuby) you got to see part of his costume and I'll be sharing some sneak peeks of the guest room before the reveal this week!
- We phased Rowan out of his paci two weeks ago and though I was a little sad because it was his last connection to being a baby, we are loving it! He talks so much more now and is so animated while we read books at bedtime, it's one less thing to remember in my diaper bag, and he really only had one rough night without it!
It was a crazy weekend so we're glad to get back into the swing of things! Lots of good stuff coming up on the blog this week. Hope you all managed to stay dry!